Cook all the veggies. Once the spinach is wilted they are done and the mushrooms are ready to be stuffed!
Top the mushrooms with bread crumbs and cheese (I used a mixture of gruyere, mild cheddar and extra sharp cheddar)! Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
Delicious and healthy meal! Enjoy!
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
recipe from twopeasandtheirpod
2 Portobello mushrooms
1 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 of an onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, roasted and chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cups of fresh spinach
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the stem and gills from the mushroom. I use a spoon to scoop them out.
2. Brush the mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
3. Heat olive oil in a small saute pan. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Add in peppers. Cook until tender.
4. Add in tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach wilted and “cooked.”
5. Divide the filling and stuff the mushrooms.
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top and add Italian seasoning. Top with cheese.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about ten minutes or until the cheese is melted.