Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fruit Smoothie

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!  I get early every morning so I have time to make a good breakfast and actually enjoy eating it!  There is usually 1 day a week when I know I won't have time for breakfast, those are the mornings I make a delicious fruit smoothie and drink it in the car on my way to work! 

Last week I was watching the show "Good Eats" and he made a fruit smoothie that I thought looked awesome!  He suggested using all frozen fruit (which I always do anyways) but his recipe calls to throw all the smothie ingredients into the blender the night before.  I loved this idea, it made my quick breakfast even quicker (if quicker is a word!!). 


Put in around 1/2 cup of acai juice, 1/2 cup milk, any frozen fruit you want in your smoothie (I put it a handful of strawberries, mango, pineapple, banana and blueberries.  Play around with the fruit to find your favorite!).  Stick the mixture in the fridge overnight.

The next morning put it on the blender and mix!  So Easy!

Note:  Before I put all the ingredients in the blender, I took 2 handfuls of dry oatmeal and a handful of flaxseed and blended till it became a powder.  I then put the powder into a small glass dish, covered and put in the fridge.  Before blending the smoothie I added about 2 tablespoons of the powder for extra nutrients!!  Another great idea is to add 1 cup of spinach leaves to the smoothie before blending.  The color might look weird, but you will get all the nutrients of the spinach and won't taste it at all!!! 

Fruit Smoothie Dessert


I did not eat all of my smoothie for breakfast, I put the leftovers back in the frigde.  That night for an after dinner snack I added a little bit of vanilla ice cream to the fruit mixture, blended till smooth.  It was delicious!  My husband drank most of it! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment