Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring Mix Salad


My mom makes the best salads!  I love going to my parents house for dinner, I always know I'm going to get a great meal and a delicious salad!  For some reason I hate making salads, so my new goal is to make a salad for dinner once a week to go along with my meal!  This Spring Mix salad is one of my new favorites that my mom makes, it turned out delicious!  Enjoy!  Cheers!

1 package mixed salad greens
1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted and chopped
1 ripe tomato, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained (I cut the olives in half)
6 Greek pepperoncini peppers (I took the seeds out of the peppers and sliced them)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons white vinegar (I was out of white vinegar so I used Red Wine Vinegar)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
Pine Nuts, toasted

In a large bowl, toss together the mixed greens, avocado, tomato, olives, pine nuts and pepperoncini peppers. Set aside.


In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic salt, oregano and basil. Pour over the salad mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I am your first follower! I am from Mpls also :) Your salad looks good! Have fun blogging :)

    ReplyDelete