Thursday, March 11, 2010

Roasting a Pepper

Tuesday nights meal, stuffed mushrooms, called for a roasted bell pepper.  I have never tried roasting a pepper before.  After doing much needed research on the internet I decided it didn't look very hard and I wanted to give it a shot!  The two options of roasting a pepper that I read about was in the oven broiler and over a gas stove.  Our broiler is this tiny little drawer at the botton of the oven which I hate using.  So I decided option 2 (gas stove) was a better option for me.  It was kind of fun to do and really easy! 


Turn the heat on medium (I stacked the pepper up a little higher so I had mine at medium-high) and rotate the pepper until it is black on all sides.


Your pepper should look somethink like this!!


                                     
Put the pepper in a zip lock bag and seal.  Leave the pepper in the bag for 20 minutes.


Take the pepper out of the zip lock bag.  Remove the stem and peel off the black layer of skin.


                                    
Chop the pepper!  That's it!  It's ready to be used!


No comments:

Post a Comment