Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pizza

Monday nights are typically my lazy nights.  I like to find something quick and easy to make for dinner.  Pizza is kind of my go-to for an easy meal.  I love it because Brandon and I can put our own toppings on the pizza (which works out perfectly right now since I'm not eating meat)!  I decided to make my half of the pizza a veggie pizza, and Brandon's is the typical pepperoni and sausage pizza. 

Last week I made a batch of pizza dough.  My recipe for pizza dough makes enough for 2 pizzas, so I split the dough in half and freeze the dough for a quick and easy meal.  When you are ready to use the dough just take it out the morning you want to use it, when thawed you can just roll it out and you're ready to go! 

Pizza Dough Recipe
1 c. warm water
1 packet dry active yeast
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 c. organic unbleached flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. EVOO

Add water, yeast and brown sugar to a stand mixer bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Add flour and salt, turn mixer on low (with dough hook) and mix for 5 minutes.
Pick up dough ball, it should be slightly sticky.
Spray the bowl with nonstick spray, place dough ball back in, cover.
Let sit in bowl for 1 hour, punch down, let sit in bowl for another hour.

This recipe is enough for 2 pizzas.  Either use right away, or put in freezer.


Cheers!


I started by cutting up all the veggies I wanted to put on my side of the pizza.  Heated olive oil in a pan over medium heat.  Put all the veggies in, seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and cooked for about 8 minutes (or until tender)

On rolled out dough I put EVOO on my half of the pizza dough.  Sprinkled a little mozzarella cheese on the dough.  Piled on the veggies.  Sprinkled more mozzarella over veggies.  Added a little feta cheese and toasted pine nuts

Brandon's side I put Marinara sauce over the dough.  Sprinkled with a little pizza cheese.  Added pepperoni and pizza sausage.  Sprinkled a bit more pizza cheese and a little feta cheese.

Bake pizza at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. 



Brandon's Meat Pizza


Carrie's Veggie Pizza



No comments:

Post a Comment